The world was once a beautiful place, and although there are still some natural beauty’s out there, mankind has done its best to destroy it. Build, build, build, has been the motto for the past 100 years, and now we are left with rubble.
Think about it, just about everywhere you go is built up beyond what is necessary, animals are bred just for slaughter, and in some places, the smog is so heavy that you can barely go outside. The world has gone above and beyond what is needed for survival, and what are we left with? A bunch of unnecessary rubble.
Sometimes every word is superfluous, and these pictures say more than a thousand words.
1.Indonesian surfer Dede Surinaya rides a wave of trash and filth
2. A lignite power plant contaminated the air with unnecessary discharge
3. An oilfield in California and the merciless over-exploitation of humans.
4. A landfill solely for worn-out tires in the desert of Nevada
5. The beginning of Black Friday at an electronics store in Boise, Idaho.
6. The Maldives, a popular vacation spot that is threatened by rising sea levels.
7. A bird’s eye view of New Delhi (over 22 million inhabitants)
8. An overhead view of a factory farm where more animals are produced than needed, needlessly polluting the earth and causing harm to natures finest.
9. An elephant Killed by poachers left to rot.
10. The view over the overdeveloped metropole of Mexico City (More than 20 million inhabitants).
11. The rainforest in flames, animals are seen fleeing.
12. Trails of excessive air traffic over London.
13. A herd farmer who cannot withstand the smell of the Yellow River in Inner Mongolia.
14. A waste incineration plant and its surroundings in Bangladesh.
15. The scars left behind from the mining of oil sands in the Canadian province of Alberta.
16. A nighttime spectacle in downtown Los Angeles, the energy demand is incalculable.
17. This thousand-year-old forest in Oregon fell victim to the chainsaw for a new dam.
18. Poachers pose proudly with the coat of a Siberian tiger.
19. The Mir Mine in Russia, the largest diamond mine in the world.
20. Dead albatross shows what happens with all the litter. A living dumpster.
21. A massive truck delivers a load of oil sands for processing. Oil sand is considered the energy source of the future.
22. A fire storm plows through Colorado – increased incidences of wild fires is a result of climate change.
23. A nighttime spectacle in downtown Los Angeles – the energy demand is incalculable.
24. The scars left behind from the mining of oil sands in the Canadian province of Alberta.
25. A massive waterfall from melting pack ice. These masses are the only meltwater and the undeniable proof how swiftly climate change is advancing.
26. Deforestation in Canada