Bradley had been listening through the headphones of his iPhone to music under his helmet while he was riding his motorbike. Sadly, he landed a leap awkwardly along with the motorcycle’s throttle got stuck, launching him. The impact broke and dislocated his belly opens.
But even more severe injuries were due to the headset. As his head went through the fence, the headphone cables snagged on the barbed wire. They didn’t pop out as the earbuds were jammed inside his helmet. Instead, the rubber coating was pulled off, leaving the astonishingly strong copper wires, which — given the power of the impact — were not blunt enough to almost decapitate him, narrowly missing the teenager’s trachea. His father needed to pull on the wires out from the cut in his throat while they were waiting for the medevac to arrive.
His mum said he had no thought that listening to music with headphones may be dangerous, although Bradley was a competent motorbike motorist who constantly took the necessary precautions. She hopes that by simply sharing the story of what happened to him, others are going to take advantage of the warning. “don’t wear wired earphones it ’s possibly life threatening,” she warned. For one thing, you mightn’t hear risk (other vehicles, for instance) approaching.
Bradley had operations on his leg and neck and contains months of recovery ahead of him, but he’s extremely fortunate to have survived. Hopefully, his experience prevent others from experiencing a similar or worse accident and will help raise awareness of the risks of operating vehicles with cans on.